Terms of Service
1. These Terms of Service, along with the Customer Enrollment Form, constitute the plan holder’s (you, your) entire Preventative Maintenance Program (Agreement) with Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing, Inc., (we, us, our). If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-888-293-7032.
2. You can call us at 1-888-293-7032 to schedule an appointment for a technician to come to the Address listed on your Customer Enrollment Form (Address). Technicians must have safe and clear access to, and safe working conditions at and around the work area.
3. This Agreement covers only the equipment listed on the Customer Enrollment Form (Equipment) at the Address.
4. You will receive a 15% discount on all parts and any repairs (Repair(s)) performed on your Equipment.
5. This Agreement includes 1 maintenance visit per year of your Term for each Equipment type (Tune-Up(s)). This Agreement also includes: (i) priority service compared to customers without an Agreement; and (ii) no overtime charges for emergency “no heat” service calls. Your Equipment must be performing its fundamental operation(s) in normal service for all points of the Tune-Up(s) to be provided. The Tune-Up(s) includes the following (only as applicable to your Equipment):
- Check: thermostat operation, service valve, port caps, compressor voltage, contacts for voltage drop, condensate drain (and flush if needed), evaporator coil performance, temp drop across evaporator, and unit operation according to charging calculator
- Inspect: condenser coil, electrical connection, condenser, filter, blower assembly, and blower motor (and lubricate, if needed)
- Read and record: discharge gas temperature, suction line temperature, liquid line temperature, and amperage reading of blower motor
- Clean: furnace cabinet
- Cycle system through one complete cycle
- Reset thermostat
- Perform carbon monoxide test for hot water tank
- Review: cooling performance and check results with you, any appropriate indoor air quality issues with you, service agreement with you and answer any additional questions you may have
- Check: thermostat operation, pilot ignition sequence (and adjust pilot or replace thermocouple, if needed), flue draft on natural draft units, primary limit operation, blower wheel for cleanliness, blower motor, belts, pulleys, oil bearings, air filters (replace, if needed), air cleaner, furnace temperature rise, auxiliary limit switch, and humidifier operation
- Observe: main burner operation
- Test: fan switch/heating fan relay, flue spill switch operation, draft safeguard switch
- Cycle: furnace off and record “fan off” temperature, furnace system through complete cycle
- Visually inspect heat exchanger
- Fire furnace and leak-check gas line
- Perform combustion air test
- Reset thermostat
- Perform carbon monoxide test on furnace or another household item
- Review: heating performance and check results with you, any appropriate indoor air quality issues with you, and service agreement with you and answer any additional questions you may have
- Maintenance kit
- Oil change
- Software update (if necessary)
- Perform system test
6. Repairs and Tune-Up(s) will be performed during our regular business hours, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, subject to closures for holidays. Emergency services (as determined within our sole discretion) outside of these hours may be provided for an additional charge. Heating Tune-Up(s) will be performed during the fall and Cooling Tune-Up(s) will be performed in the spring.
7. This Agreement covers only the items listed in sections 4 and 5, above.
8. The price for this Agreement (Price) is specified on the Customer Enrollment Form.9. This Agreement begins on the start date listed on your Customer Enrollment Form (Start Date) and continues for 12 months (Term), unless you cancel this Agreement or fail to pay the Price.
10. Unless you tell us otherwise, your Agreement will automatically renew at the end of every Term at the then-current renewal price. We may change the price at renewal. We reserve the right to not offer this Agreement upon renewal.
11. Repairs performed under this Agreement are guaranteed: (1) against defects in workmanship for 30 days; and (2) against defects in materials for 120 days; or in accordance with any applicable manufacturer’s warranty.
12. We reserve the right to reject this Agreement if, on inspection, your Equipment is found to be unsafe or in such condition that service would be unsatisfactory to either you or us. If at any point, in our sole discretion, your Equipment is not economically repairable we will provide you with a quote for replacement of your Equipment. Until your Equipment has been replaced, no further work for that Equipment will be provided to you under this Agreement.
13. You may cancel at any time by calling us at 1-888-293-7032 . If you cancel within 30 days of your Start Date, you will receive a full refund, less the cost of any Tune-Up(s) or discounts on Repairs provided. If you cancel more than 30 days after the Start Date, you will receive a pro rata refund, less the cost of any Tune-Up(s) or discounts on Repairs provided.
14. We may cancel this Agreement (a) for non-payment of the Price; (b) for your fraud or misrepresentation of facts that are material to this Agreement or benefits provided under it.
15. We reserve the right to refuse service under this Agreement should you threaten or be verbally or physically abusive or offensive towards us or any of our personnel. If you miss a payment of the Price, you will not be able to use this Agreement, including requesting Tune-Up(s), until payment is made.
16. If you consent to electronic delivery you can receive your Agreement and all related documents to the email address listed on your Customer Enrollment Form (Email Address). To update your Email Address or discontinue electronic delivery of your documents, you can call us at 1-888-293-7032.
18. If you move to a new home, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options to transfer this Agreement.
19. We may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice to you. We may change this Agreement (including the Price or to charge an additional fee) and delegate any of our obligations at our sole discretion and without your consent provided we give you 30 days’ prior written notice of the changes. The changes will become effective 30 days after we send you the notice. If you do not like the changes, you may cancel this Agreement.20. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, (1) you agree that we and our owners, successors, affiliates, technicians and their officers, directors, managers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors or similar parties acting on behalf of us shall not be liable to you or anyone else for: (a) any actual losses or direct damages that exceed the amount you paid for the work under this Agreement relating to any repairs performed by us or on behalf of us or services provided under this Agreement giving rise to such loss or damage; or (b) any amount of any form of indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential losses or damages, damages based on anticipated or lost profits, wages, or revenue, or damages based on diminution in value or a multiple of earnings, including those caused by any fault, failure, delay or defect in providing any repairs performed by us or on behalf of us or services provided under this Agreement, regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable and whether or not we or anyone acting on behalf of us have been advised of the possibility of such damages; and (2) these limitations and waivers shall apply to all claims and all liabilities and shall survive the cancellation or expiration of this Agreement. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.
21. YOU AND WE AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES BY BINDING ARBITRATION as follows:
- ANY DISPUTE THAT ARISES OUT OF OR RELATES TO THIS AGREEMENT OR FROM ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN US, OR SERVICES OR BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE OR CLAIM TO BE OWED FROM US, WILL BE RESOLVED BY ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. This arbitration agreement applies to disputes no matter when they arose, including claims that arose before you and we entered into this Agreement. This arbitration agreement also applies to disputes involving our officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, affiliates, insurers, technicians, owners, successors or assigns. In addition, this arbitration agreement covers any claims or causes of action against us that you may assign or subrogate to an insurer. The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Consumer Arbitration Rules. The Federal Arbitration Act applies. Unless you and we agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county where your home is located.
- Any party bringing a claim may choose to bring an individual action in small claims court instead of arbitration, so long as the claim is pursued on an individual rather than a class-wide basis.
- THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT DOES NOT PERMIT CLASS ACTIONS AND CLASS ARBITRATIONS. By entering into this Agreement, all parties are waiving their respective rights to a trial by jury or to participate in a class or representative action. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL PROCEEDING. You may bring a claim only on your own behalf and cannot seek relief that would affect other parties.
- We will pay any filing fee, administration, service or case management fee, and arbitrator fee that the AAA charges you for arbitration of the dispute.
- BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO PROCEED IN COURT.
- IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM OR DISPUTE PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND WE UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY. This jury trial waiver also applies to claims asserted against any of our officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, affiliates, insurers, technicians, owners, successors or assigns.
22. Should any of these terms and conditions conflict with the laws of your state they shall be considered amended to comply with those laws.
Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, Inc., OH LIC# 45098, 25644, & 35634