Thank you for your interest in joining the Geisel team!
We are currently hiring for a Seasonal Sales Representative. Please read the job description below and if you feel you are a good fit, please contact us today!
It is the mission of Geisel by HomeServe to provide an opportunity for career development and growth for all Associates by providing the highest quality products and services, while exceeding the expectations of our customers and communities in which we serve.
Who is Geisel by HomeServe and why join with them?
HomeServe USA a leading national provider of home repair solutions. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, HomeServe has nearly 1,200 employees in Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, greater New York City and greater Boston with a field-based staff across the country. You can learn more about HomeServe here.
Geisel has joined forces with HomeServe because they share the same commitment to providing unparalleled service that will enable us to deliver expanded services to homeowners in our service area.
This seasonal position is designed to provide back up to our current sales staff during peak periods during the year. Typically this would be 12 weeks in the spring and summer and 12 weeks in the later summer and fall.
Service Location: Cleveland, OH Metro Area
Job Title: Seasonal Sales HVAC - Residential Comfort Advisor
A Residential Comfort Advisor is involved in building positive relationship with customers, closing deals, ensuring repeat business from existing customers, and making a positive impact in the company and the community. The ideal person is responsible for understanding the needs of the customer and how to meet those needs. A comfort advisor performs heat loss and heat gain load calculations; lays-out and designs HVAC systems; and has a general working knowledge of this industry.
5+ year of residential HVAC sales experience
Ability and willingness to work after hours on a limited basis to accommodate prospective buyers and seasonal workloads
Good communication skills, time management skills, and be self-motivated
Proficient in working with all type of computer and phone equipment as well as software to support your activities. This includes programs like Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
A self-motivated, extroverted, tactful, organized, goals oriented professional with a high degree of integrity. A skilled and tested person with a proven record of direct sales experience and a genuine empathy for customers along with willingness to help others
Adhere to a punctual and reliable schedule. Work a non-standard schedule with some weekend and night work.
Summary of Duties
- Develop proposals and maintain specification and documentation for estimates and proposals. For larger contracts work closely with the general manger or engineer to develop proposals and contracts.
- Secure orders and renewals from existing and potential customers by means of on-site calls, telephone contacts and electronic communications
- Conducts post sales liaison with customers after each installation to insure that all sales agreements have been accomplished, and that the customers are satisfied with all aspects of the transaction.
- Assist in collection of current and overdue accounts.
- Maintain written and electronic records of sales related leads, contact information, referrals, future opportunities, follow ups to increase sales opportunities. Request referrals and reviews from customers.
- Conduct their self in a professional manner that promotes and enhances the ethical standard of the company.
- Coordinate the installation of all jobs with the installation lead; process all change orders.
- Maintain constant communication with all customers on their installation or service.
- Create and process installation sales orders.
- Expense management and sales forecasting.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must have ability to climb ladders, attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units and to take measurements with the ability to read product data. Nonsmoker.
Reports To: General Manager
- Major medical plan options
- Company paid life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Tool Purchase Account
- Vehicle Compensation
- Paid Training
- Apparel Program
Pre-employment testing for all candidates is required. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace